Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists in the Bournemouth area


Where can you seek help?

For medical ear problems that are not related to hearing loss or the dispense, fitting and programming of hearing devices we would always recommend you seek advice from your local NHS doctor surgery. Depending on the nature of the problem, your GP may then refer you to an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist.

NHS Audiology

If you would like to obtain hearing aids from the NHS please speak to your GP or visit our NHS or Private hearing aid page for further information.

Private Ear, Nose and Throat Consultants

If you would like to seek medical help privately you can contact either of the local private hospitals to gain direct access to Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists.

Nuffield Bournemouth Hospital - Tel: 01202 070378

BMI The Harbour Hospital Poole - Tel: 01202 244200

What we do

We would always refer you to your GP if you have problems with your ears or hearing that are:

i. not related to the deterioration of your hearing range through the natural ageing process

ii. not related to the deterioration of your hearing range through noise inducement

iii. conditions found at our consultation that requires onward medical referral

The only circumstances where a referral may not be sought is if your ear health issues are a known condition that you have previously sought attention from your GP or consultant for treatment.

Audiologist for children

At Key to Hearing we currently do not provide hearing care for children (those under the age of 18). We would recommend you contact your GP or seek further advice from one of the Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists at Bournemouth and Poole’s private hospitals.

Hearing instrument professional

If you have previously seen an ENT who has recommended hearing aids or maybe you wear NHS hearing aids but would like to experience the benefits of going privately, please call 01202 511386 and speak to Keeley or Will.