Hearing loss? You’re not alone
The lowdown on hearing loss
If you’re experiencing hearing problems, you’re in good company – it’s estimated that around 10 million people in the UK have some level of hearing loss. That’s one sixth, or around 17%, of the population.
Other key facts include:
- Around six million of the 10 million UK people with hearing loss are aged 65 or over.
- There are several reasons why people develop hearing problems, but the ageing process is the most common factor.
- Other key reasons are related to occupational or recreational activities – such as being repeatedly exposed to loud music, motorsport or industrial noise.
- On average, it takes people seven to 10 years to do something about their hearing loss.
Don’t suffer in silence
At Key to Hearing, we understand it can be hard to admit you can’t hear as well as you used to. But it’s important to get help as soon as possible, so your hearing can be restored to the best possible level.
Our hearing check will identify your exact hearing range so we can discuss an appropriate solution to suit your needs, lifestyle and budget.
Spot the signs of hearing loss
To find out if your hearing has changed, try to answer the questions below:
- Do you have difficulty hearing speech on the TV?
- Have other people complained that the TV/music is turned up too loud?
- Do you often have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Have family or friends commented on your hearing?
- Do you struggle hearing conversation on the telephone?
- Do you have difficulty hearing speech in noisy environments even though others seem to manage?
- Do you rely on people’s lip movements and expressions to help read what you cannot hear?
- Do you find it difficult hearing in the car?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions, we recommend you book a hearing evaluation with Key to Hearing. Please contact us today to arrange an appointment at a convenient time.
Protect your hearing today
As mentioned above, some workplaces and recreational environments are so noisy that your hearing could become damaged in time. We believe prevention is better than cure, so we offer a range of hearing protection products to help minimise hearing loss in these situations.